Saturday, November 14, 2009

Afternoon at the movies

One of our greater EIS group, Samar Nayak, spent a good part of the day showing me around to a couple shopping places(to be discussed more after I return to the states), and then ended up at a movie theatre and watched "2012" today.

Its interesting how culture can be different even in the simpler things.

Popcorn - yes.. they still have it here, but there's no butter.

Hot Dog - chicken dog. The guy squirted the mustard on it, then picked up the red bottle and proceeded to squirt.... mayo? nono... stop!!! he then handed me a ketchup packet.

Assigned seating - really.... interesting. I thought I had heard other people in the office yesterday discussin different rates when it came to going to a movie, but Samar wouldn't let me pay for the ticket so I didn't see the different pricing structures.

National Anthem - yes... before the movie, you are asked to stand as they show/sing the national anthem. No flag present till the end, but a show of respect nonetheless. interesting

Intermission - there was a break for a couple minutes in the middle of the movie. I don't know exactly how long the movie was, but interesting that they do an intermission.

The quality of the movie theatre was pretty good... the seats were nice, and the atmosphere was good from the standpoint that there weren't half a dozen posers taking calls in the middle of the film.

The movie was a bit incredulous and predictable, but entertaining both in experience and in viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment