Saturday, November 14, 2009

My morning schedule

My morning schedule is a little bit more set than my evening one, largely due to the fact that there is a finite window where I can be in contact with my little girl.

For the first week at least, my sleep hasn't been great. I tend to be up late working part of the US morning shift, and then up my typical early, probably around 4AM.

I try to go back to sleep until at least 6AM when the workout facility opens, and have had varying success at that. So I can work out earlier or later depending on how much sleep I get, but given the time difference, I try to be in my room from 8AM-9AM to try and catch the equivelant of 6:30-7:30 PM Pacific time when the little girl goes to bed. So, I try to work out, and then shower/get ready for work/breakfast all revolve around when I can get in touch.

Luckily I'm able to VPN into work, and use a IP Softphone to connect and make calls out of my desk extension. That coupled with my USB video camera, can have a mini teleconference with Bethy and Lauren.

hopefully I get about 15-25 minutes with the family and then head out to meet my driver at 9AM.

Evenings on my side are a little bit more flexible with the exception of Monday and Friday's as bethy and Lauren are home on a more lax schedule.

I've been finding ways to keep busy with movies and tv shows that I have on the netbook, but the morning and PM sessions soften the burden of being 20 travel hours and 8,700 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment