Thursday, November 19, 2009

Being away....

So the thrill and the business of being here in Bangalore has been hectic.... the combination of being able to talk twice a day, and see Lauren over video cam has been incredible and I don't know how I would have done without it.

On tuesday during lunch, the feeling of being distant finally set in, and I've been ready to go home since. This is a great and incredible place, and again, with the exception of the travel time and being away from family, this is a great place to be, but I'm far from home and I miss things.

as of right now... 3:40PM on thursday, with about 36 hours to go, I have a weird anxiety that I haven't felt for about 16 years.

when I was just out of high school.... I was lucky enough to go on a trip to europe with my uncle, aunt, and two cousins.... It was a great and memorable trip, but after 10 days, I was also ready to come home. so much so, that during the 13 hour flight from Amsterdam to SFO, as much as I tried, as much as I wanted, i couldn't sleep. upon gathering our stuff at SFO, and piling into the car, I settled in, and was asleep before we pulled from the curb.

i'm starting to get that same feeling.

I have some gifts that I hope people will love and appreciate.
I'm more eager than ever to see my wife and little girl.
I long to play with my two funny cats at home.

and I'm afraid all of this will result in an anxious inability to sleep on the plane and rest appropriately to let me enjoy these things when I have the first opportunity in 2 weeks.

I'll try...

No comments:

Post a Comment